Products are goods that your sales team is selling, they can be physical objects or services.
Using products in Sellf deals is optional, so you have to activate this feature in your Settings. Once enabled, you'll be able to create products, price them and link them to deals. If you add product(s) to a deal, the deal value will be computed automatically based on the sum of product prices in that deal, but you could still set a deal value manually without attaching any products.
Products can be created by administrators from Sellf Web and then will be available to be linked to deals on Sellf mobile apps.
So this feature is a great way to create a product catalogue and define default prices for your deals with less data entry.
Activating and creating Products
By default, products are not activated in Sellf. To activate the feature:
1. Sign into Sellf web (www.sellf.io) and navigate to "Settings" -> "Deals" -> "Products".
2. Turn the switch "Enable Products" to on.
3. Click on "Add a new product". The Add a new product modal window opens.
4. Fill in the details about the product. Name field and a unit price greater than zero are required.
Below you can find an explanation for each field:
- Name – the name of the product or service you're selling;
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) – an inventory number or code;
- Available – products can be available or disabled. An available product can be added to a deal and is shown with a green circle in your Products List; an inactive product is listed, but can't be added on new deals (until it's activated again).
- Price – the price of a single product, which is the basis for calculating the discount, markup, and selling price values;
- Cost – this field lets you record the price of incurred costs by your company for manufacturing or purchasing a single item of the product – it's used to calculate the Net Value of your deals.
- Max. discount – the maximum discount you want your team to be able to offer on a product (up to 100%);
- Max. markup – the maximum markup you want your team to be able to add to the product's unit price – this lets you increase the value of a product in a given deal; there is no upper limit to the maximum markup, you can avoid to fill in this field and your collaborators will be able to increase the value of the product as they wish;
- Rep commission – the percentage of commission earned from each sales member (the owner of a deal) in your team (up to 100%) – it's used to calculate the Value by commission of your deals;
- Incentive – this percentage represents how much products impact on your sales team goals – this lets you increase the selling of some products rather than others, since your team members will be pushed to sell products with a greater impact on their sales goals. For example, a deal with a product worth 10.000 $ and an incentive of 150% will have a value of 15.000 $ (when you choose "display value by incentive") so it's more valuable than a deal with a product with a lower incentive and lets you reach your sales goal in less time – there is no upper limit to the incentive – it's used to calculate the Value by incentive of your deals.
Adding Products to a deal
Products can be linked to deals on all platforms (Web, iOS, Android).
1.When creating deals, the modal now displays the "Add products" button that opens a new dialog from which
you can select and link products to the deal.
2. You can add products by clicking on the green plus button shown at the right of each product.
3. While adding a product, you and your sales agents will be able to change its quantity and price, apply discounts or markups. You can also specify a discount or markup by editing the selling price field. The discount cannot exceed the maximum values specified by the admin in the Products catalog.
At the bottom of this table, you'll see the total products value, that will define your deal value.
If products are not added, you will be able to set the deal value directly, otherwise you need to edit/remove products in order to change the deal value.
4. Click "Save" to go back and then "Save" again to create the deal.
Please note that the deal automatically takes the name of the first product in the list, if the deal description is empty before adding products to that deal.
The value (if entered) will be overwritten by the total products value.
You can filter your deals by Products in the Deals section, allowing you to narrow down your data according to Product variables.
Products also have an impact when you choose the deals value type in your Filters. Sellf can display different values:
- Actual value – corresponds to the estimated amount set when you created the deal.
- Net value – is computed by subtracting from the actual value the costs set for each product linked to deals.
- Forecasted value – shows the revenue you can expect on the active deals in your sales pipeline, according to the win probability associated to each deal. It is the total value of deals multiplied by the probability of those deals closing.
- Value by commission – takes into consideration the commissions associated to the products linked to deals.
- Value by incentive – takes into consideration the incentive associated to the products linked to deals.
- Products linked to deals cannot be deleted.
- Products cannot be added to Sales Pipelines with a Quantity Goal.
- Only administrators can enable, create and edit Products in Settings.
- Products will be shared with your team.