Surely you have many contacts stored in the address book of your phone or tablet and you're wondering how to import all of them in Sellf. The good news is that you do not have to waste time importing all of them!
Sellf is seamlessly integrated with your Phone or tablet and you can sync your contacts in your address book as People or Companies in Sellf.
It’s a two-way sync
, so the contacts you create in Sellf will also be added as People or Companies to your Sellf account and viceversa.
There are 2 alternatives to sync your contacts with Sellf:
1. You can add new contacts in Sellf by importing yours in the "Contact" section;
Use the "Import Contacts" feature on Sellf iOS app to transfer contacts directly from your Address Book to Sellf.
- Navigate to "Contacts" from the main menu of the app;
- Allow Sellf to access your address book information;
- Tap on the plus button and then tap on "Import";
- Select the contacts to import and tap "Done".
If the contact has the "company" label filled, Sellf will automatically create a company profile linked to the person profile.
2. You can import your contacts in Sellf while you're creating deals, events and other entities and you want to associate them to your customers. In this case, whenever you are looking for a contact Sellf will look for you in the address book and automatically import it, if you have not already done it previously. If the contact has the "company" label filled, Sellf will automatically create a company profile linked to the person profile.
If you do not see your contacts in Sellf, navigate to Sellf settings (by tapping on your picture from the main menu) and then go to "Permissions management". Here toggle the switch "Access to contacts" to ON.
How the sync between iOS and Sellf works
Sellf > Address Book
Whenever you create a new contact in Sellf, you will be able to copy and update this contact information in your iPhone/iPad address book by toggle the switch "Save in your address book" to ON.
To avoid duplicates, if Sellf finds similar contacts in your address book, you'll prompted to choose which contact you want to merge or you can save it as a new contact.
Once the contacts are synced, any changes you apply to them in Sellf will be reported in your address book and vice versa.
You will see a new "Sellf" link in your contact card of your address book. By tapping on it, you'll be redirected to the corresponding contact card in Sellf.
Moreover, all the new information added in Sellf, like phone numbers, emails and websites will be labelled as "Sellf".
Info added into the description field in Sellf will be copied into the Note field in your Address Book.
Addresses added in Sellf won't be copied into your Address Book.
But remember: the security of your data is of the highest priority for us. For this reason Sellf will only update the contacts information and won't delete your contacts. This means that if you delete a contact in Sellf, the same contact won't be deleted from your address book.
The new contacts created in Sellf and copied into your iPhone or iPad address book will be synced and grouped together; you will find them under the “Sellf” group in your address book.
Address Book > Sellf
Whenever you create a new contact in your address book, you will be able to import it in Sellf and then update this contact information in your iPhone/iPad address book by toggle the switch "Save in your address book" to ON as we've seen before.
Sellf will import all the information, address included.
Sellf can store up to two emails, one website, one address.
Sellf can store up to three phone numbers with these rules:
- Phone numbers labelled as "work" will be imported first, into the Sellf Work field.
- Phone numbers labelled as "home" or "phone/iPhone/mobile/main" will be imported into the Sellf Main field.
- If "work" or "home/main/mobile" labels are not found or your phone numbers have custom labels, Sellf will import the first two numbers found and will map them into the Work Field and Main Field.
- Phone numbers labelled as "fax" will be imported into the Sellf Fax Field. This field won't be filled with other numbers, this means that if you have more than two phone numbers that are not "fax", these data won't be imported in Sellf.
If you want to stop the sync, navigate to the Sellf Settings > Contacts and tap on “Unlink”.
In this way, all of your contacts won’t be synced with Sellf anymore, but won’t be deleted.
This means that any changes you apply to these contacts in your address book will not be reported in Sellf and vice versa.
Clear Sellf data
If you want to completely clear any information added by Sellf into your address book, tap on “Clear”. In this way, only data created in Sellf (phone numbers, emails and websites labelled with “Sellf” ) will be deleted from your address book. All other contact information will be preserved.